|Current Interim Role
|2009 to 2010
Group of companies engaged primarily in corporate and personal FX comprising CAXTONfx, Caxton Voyager and Knowledgewire; t/o c. £300m. www.caxtonfx.co.uk
|INTERIM FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Reporting to the FD.
Assisting the FD to introduce a range of measures to increase the effectiveness
and stability of the Back Office.
KNOWLEDGEWIRE Ltd (IT company)
- Reconciling management accounts with the UK Statutory accounts for Feb 2009.
- Posting any journals required as a result of the above reconciliation.
- Posting the opening balances, as per the UK Stat accounts, onto Sage Line 50.
- Introducing Accrual accounting and implementing standard procedures.
- Implementing inter-company reconciliation procedures.
- Verifying current internal controls and improving and/or implementing as required.
- Introducing a Petty Cash Imprest system.
- Accounting for Global traveller cards to aid marketing.
- Implementing a monthly posting routine.
- Implementing monthly Balance Sheet accounts reconciliation procedures.
- Identifying and implementing P&L accounts that require analysis on a monthly basis.
- Designing management accounts in Sage to supersede the existing spreadsheets.
- Determining the 2010 Budget and posting this to Sage.
- Mentoring a newly qualified Chartered Accountant in post as Financial Accountant for all three companies.
CAXTON VOYAGER (Prepaid currency (FX) Cards)
- Posting opening balances as at Feb 2009 onto Sage.
- Writing up books of account to date.
- Designing Management accounts statements into Sage.
- Regularising VAT.
- Beginning monthly reporting.
- Designing and implementing a system to ensure that monthly billing is in place.
- Completing reconciliations to August 2009
- Bringing reconciliations up to date
- Posting opening balances as at Feb 2009
- Writing up books of account.
- Designing management accounts.
- Beginning regular monthly reporting.
- Consolidating accounts.